June 7-13, 2021
Up to 4% of people in Canada are impacted by hidradenitis suppurativa (HS). In recognition of HS Awareness Week 2021, the CSPA is collaborating with HS Heroes and Hidradenitis & Me to share new resources about living well with HS and educate the public about the impacts of this devastating disease.
In 2020, the CSPA released Scarred for Life: 2020 Update – A National Report of Patients’ Experiences Living with Hidradenitis Suppurativa which included critical information about getting a diagnosis, the importance of a comprehensive care approach to managing HS, experience with - and hopes for - treatments, and advice to people newly diagnosed with HS.
This year, we are building on several of the recommendations of the Scarred for Life report. Through our collaboration this year, we are excited to bring you:
- A social media awareness campaign
- A support group discussion about what a cure is to you
- Discussions with dermatologists that specialize in treating HS
- Tips and tricks on managing HS, including battlefield (at-home) wound care
- A live cooking class that focuses on avoiding foods that can trigger HS symptoms
We invite all to help us to spread the word and to participate, to become informed, and to enjoy our week-long schedule of HS Awareness Week Activities.